News Letter Sign Up

Join Our Mailing List
Email:
For Email Marketing you can trust

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Congradulations...by Jessie Banks featuring Indigoblu Mega Flake

 

Hey everyone, its Jessie posting my first project for you all and I hope you enjoy it! 

I got to play with the Indigoblu Kit in a Box, the gilding this creates is simply stunning and I am in love. Did you take notice that I made a shaker card with a vellum front and filled it with the mega flakes? I think it is so awesome that you can see them through, they move around its awesome.  



The shaker part of the card is 2 1/2" x 3 3/4", I used foam squares around the outside that are 1/4" wide then created a mask for the center out of scrap paper 2" x 3 1/4", so that I could use Flitter Glue around it and on the sides of the foam and use the mega flakes on that as well.


The butterfly was covered in Flitterglu then I used the Mega Flakes on it as well. I then wrapped and tied some Twine, similar to the Burlap String around the shaker element and tied a pretty bow. The wood veneer saying yay is from my stash, I am not sure if you can use any fun little element here.


Below it I stamped my sentiment on a banner I had die cut ages ago, you could easily cut a strip of paper, cut a V in each end and fold it to create a similar look.


I then adhere the whole shaker onto a piece of scrap striped patterned paper, it looked like the card base needed something more to it so I took some Distress ink in Dried Marigold, and Worn Lipstick. Mixed those together and added a bunch of water and just did a light scribble of it with a brush right on the card base.

Thanks for stopping by
Hugz
Jess

2 comments:

  1. What a fantastic use of the mega flakes. Great job. I really like what you have done with this card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card. The flakes are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete